Saturday, May 5, 2012

kitchen musings

We are still awaiting a big move into a house in Sydney, hence we are in limbo land which kind of means everything around me is as well. But the good news is the house is in dire need of a new kitchen so my first personal reno will soon be afoot!

We are on a super shoestring budget so I am heading over to my favourite place in the whole world for ours - Ikea! You have heard me sing their praises before so I'll hold back (but they do have some fab designs!, OK stop now) but I have also been seeking inspiration online, here is a list of fave kitchen design elements... (Alright so it's a wish list but you might add some I haven't thought of too)

Kitchen Art: get those frames in there!
Loving the yellow... Image: Freshome
Window Splashback: love these, who wants to stare at tiles when you're cooking when you can see the garden, a view to water, a mosaic wall, or even a couple of pot plants?
View to the garden. Image: Freshome
wouldn't mind this oven too! Image: homeone.com.au
Bold colour scheme: check out this fab kitchen...
Punchy. Image: Freshome
Pot rack: quite like them in front of the window...
Pots preferable to blinds. Image: Houzz
Image: Houzz
Cool Stools: even if they are completely impractical
You would have to try them for boing factor surely? Image: Houzz
Love these! Image: Houzz
Other things on the wish list, double oven (don't have $$ or space for that one), servery into the backyard, fridge with ice machine, matching cutlery and unchipped plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment